Monday, June 8, 2009

How does one say no to Italian Food?

Recently, I had a big milestone in this journey. We had a room full of friends over for an Italian themed pot luck dinner. Italian! Can you believe that? I wasn't too hopeful that I would be able to eat anything dairy free, so I ate Teriyaki Chicken and Soy Ice Cream before they came. Plus, we made a garden salad that I could eat. Some of the temptations were homemade pizza, meatballs (made w/ milk), 2 different types of homemade bread, pasta salad, cake w/ cream cheese frosting and cheesecake! Oh yum, yum!!! Well, until it fires back at you of course. Weeks ago, I would have eaten it, taken pills, and had a small reaction. But this time, I resisted the dairy temptation!! Yay! It was hard, but I did it.

2 comments:

Tansy said...

Good job saying "no!" It gets easier over time to keep saying no, especially when you know how sick you get if you do give in . . . it's a bit more motivation than sticking to a weight-loss diet.

kenders said...

Thank you! I sure hope it gets easier. Somethings aren't such a big deal, but others it's like oh man I"m probably never going to be eating that again. But you're right, it's not worth getting sick! Good luck too Tansy!