Saturday, June 6, 2009

YAYAYYAYYAYYAYYAY!

I can have pizza again!! It's been almost 3 hours since I ate pizza and I feel gggrrreeeaaattt! Not all bubbly and nauseous like I usually do.

I am very excited. Tonight, I did my research and looked up Papa John's nutritional/allergy info. I discovered that ONLY the thin crust had dairy in it. The Original, Pan, and Wheat Crusts should be just fine. I was pretty excited about that because I wasn't too hopeful that I could even eat pizza.
My husband and I ordered a pan Hawaiian BBQ chicken pizza. 1/2 with no cheese on top and half with cheese.
I didn't know how'd I feel about pizza with no cheese, but I didn't think it would be a big adjustment since I take off some cheese if it's really thick anyways.
To my surprise, it was delicious!! The BBQ sauce has this spicy kick to it and there are enough toppings on top to not really miss the cheese too much. I am so happy that I can enjoy pizza when I feel like it.

2 comments:

Alisa - Frugal Foodie said...

I loooove cheeseless pizza :)

I am not sure if Papa John's is on the Go Dairy Free listings, so I will add it if not. Thanks for the heads up!

kenders said...

You might want to double check. On their website, they say it's ok, but I still wonder if they use butter in the pan or anything.

I had a reaction, but I don't know from what yet. I felt great like I said on here, but then at my usually time 2:40am I woke up with bad stomach cramps and everything.

But like I said according to their website it should be dairy free except for their thin crust.